- To promote the interests and aspirations of the Indian communities around the world and of specific groups residing in various countries of their adoption.
- To promote common cultural heritage and therefore create a binding relationship.
- To mobilize financial, intellectual and professional resources of Indians abroad for their mutual development and advancement.
- To encourage interaction between communities of Indians abroad on a global level.
- To deliberate and decide on common issues and problems facing them including education and technology.
- To further the interaction between PIOs and other communities at the global level in promoting world peace, progress and ecological harmony